Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Toast to the New Year


Where did the time go? Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that 2010 is knocking on the door. It's been quite a year for our family: Hubby and I celebrated 10 years of marriage, the kids grew at rapid speed, Hubby got a new job, we said goodbye to our beloved dog, I ventured into Junior League and met some amazing women along the way - the list goes on and on.

It also was a tough year for many, as the economy continued to nose dive, our close friend continued to fight cancer and our country was still at war. While I can reflect on my happy year, I must acknowledge that it's not been that way for everyone. And, I keep those people in my thoughts and prayers daily. I hope 2010 brings comfort, rest and joy to many.

Thanks to those of you who have stopped by A Place to Dwell over the last year to comment, say hello and even become regular followers. I'm still in awe that people stop by each day to read what I write. I'm honored that you consider my daily ramblings worthy of your time. I've gotten so much out of your blogs. You've been an inspiration and I thank you for it.

So, in honor of New Year's Eve, I raise a virtual glass to all of you and leave you with this Irish toast:

"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions."
Image courtesy of Martha Stewart Living

11 comments:

Jo said...

Wishing you a bright and joyous New Year!

Jo

QueenBeeSwain said...

own it!

xoox

kHm

Tish Jett said...

I've been lurking, but not leaving a message.

As part of my new year's resolutions -- oh, there are so many, including those about which Els has so rightly reminded us -- I thought I must always compliment those who do anything well and beautiful.

Your blog is one of those places. So, thank you.

I hope you have a happy new year in all the ways you wish.

Best regards,
Tish

A Refocused Life said...

I've enjoyed following your posts and look forward to the new year with more of your wonderful thoughts and images.

teresa-bug said...

You asked how I quit drinking pop. I soon realized that it was the fizziness that I craved, so I drink a lot of fizzy water. My favorite is La Croix (the flavored kind) and Trader Joe's also has a lemon flavored fizzy water that I like. That has been my saving grace. I haven't had a pop in 8 months and I really don't miss it.
Happy New Year!

LPC said...

Happy New Year, J.

bevy said...

Love reading your posts. It's so obvious that you are an inspired writer!

Have a wonderful New Year!

Jessica Ryan said...

Happy New Year to you too!!! So glad to have found you and this blog!
XOXO, Jessica

annechovie said...

Thanks so much for your support and all the best to you in 2010!

Unknown said...

A sprinkling of wonderful New Year's wishes to you as well! It's been delightful to "meet" you.

Anastasia Schembri said...

Yours is one of my most favourite stops in the day!
Have a very Happy New Years Eve and best wishes for 2010!