Friday, February 19, 2010

And the Walls Came Tumbling Down...

Our kitchen, before (above and below)


Out kitchen as of this morning (above and below)


Progress! We started our kitchen renovation yesterday. Our contractor, Mike, took down a portion of the wall that opens into our family room, as well as the wall that faces our center hall. I came home from work and could see straight into the other room. Crazy! Lots of light now flows through. Above are some before and after pics.

Mike is going to work with the plumber and HVAC guys to reroute wiring and our vents. We're also having new lighting put in and carrying the hardwood floors into the kitchen. He'll then tackle the countertops.

And, I apologize for the quality of the photos. Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz we are not.

TGIF, folks. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

20 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

OMG! So excited for you! I am sure you will be thrilled when the renovations are completed. BTW I love the color of your kitchen walls. Happy weekend! xo

LM said...

I cannot wait to see the finished product! How exciting!

Samma said...

It is going to be awesome when finished! I love all your fun artwork in the kitchen by the way.

Jo said...

I am SO excited for you! I know you've been waiting for this remodel for a long time. Keep us posted with the progress.

Jo

bevy said...

It will be a long process... but you will love how open and airy it is! Can't wait for the REAL after pictures!

ALR said...

Yay! I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I hope you get everything you want.

Have a great weekend:)

Anonymous said...

how exciting! i can't wait to see the progress.

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to see the after photo's!! Have a great weekend =)

Gabi said...

Ooooh, this is SO exciting! Can't wait to follow along with the progress! Have a great weekend.

Chic Coles said...

How exciting. What a lovely family you have. Can not wait to see the end results!

teresa-bug said...

I can't wait to see it when it is all done!!! Good luck through the dust and chaos.

Metropolitan Mum said...

Wow, how exciting. I hope to be spoilt with more pictures of your project. I LOVE renovations and redecorations. The more mess the better :)

There is a bag tag for you over at mine. xx MM

Anonymous said...

oh wow girl! I love to see renovations! Can't wait to see all the cool thing y'all do! Hope your weekend is the greatest! xoxo

Jessica Ryan said...

Love your walls too! I am green with envy. How exciting... keep us posted step by step, please!

Elizabeth said...

oh, can't wait to follow along with your renovation! i love a good before and after especially a kitchen

myletterstoemily said...

how much fun! hope it meets your
expectations! hope you can stand
the interim mess.

myletterstoemily said...

how much fun! hope it meets your
expectations! hope you can stand
the interim mess.

Henley on the Horn said...

How exciting!! I loved it when we tore down the wall and opened up the space in our old house. You will too! What a great spring treat!

Eloise said...

Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to see how your project progresses.

Unknown said...

so exciting, I can't wait to see what you do.
:-)