Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rock On, USA!




So proud of our athletes at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver – they rock! Shaun White, AKA “The Flying Tomato,” won gold in the half-pipe competition, while queen of the mountain Lindsey Vonn took gold in the downhill competition.

Have you been watching the Olympics? What’s your favorite competition? Hubby likes to ski, so we’ve been watching the downhill races. Miss E. is in awe of figure skating, so we try to catch that, too. I’m fascinated with curling, so I try watch that every chance I get (no, not really).

As usual, I’m going to steer this discussion toward fashion. I LOVED the USA teams’ official uniform for the opening ceremonies, designed by Ralph Lauren. And how cute were those moose hats? Not sure if I would pay $75 for them, but they were super-cool.

Have a great Thursday, everyone. We’re supposed to get more snow in this region between now and early next week, because we just haven’t gotten enough already. ;)
Images courtesy of the New York Times and the Team USA Shop

8 comments:

Gabi said...

Good morning! Where did you see the hat on sale? I went to the polo website, but didn't see it there. My hubby REALLY wants one, and I thought it would be a fun surprise. Not that I want to pay $75 for it though...
Thanks!

gabi

JMW said...

Hey, Gabi -
Actually, they were on the Team USA's clothing site: http://www.teamusashop.com/Olympics_USA_Olympics/Polo_Ralph_Lauren_Team_USA_Opening_Ceremony_Hat

But, alas, are out of stock. Of course!

Haven and Home said...

Yeah USA!

Elizabeth said...

i've been reeled in watching the olympics too! last night was awesome. i like watching the figure skating

Ms. M said...

I've loved watching the Olympics! Especially Vonn and White.

Also, I LOVED the RL hat that Vonn wore-- but for $95, I have to pass!

Main Line Sportsman said...

-Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso...gold and silver in Downhill...I am in love.
But the coverage is still weak...see my post on same.

bevy said...

Of course it's $75... sigh...

pve design said...

Yep - we are watchers and are awestruck by the focus and the sheer magnitude of athleticism!
pve