Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Searching for Signs of Spring





With the return of Snow-madgeddon, I desperately need something to remind me of spring and warm temperatures. What is it you may ask? Well, accessories of course!

I love the latest fabrics and styles from Vera Bradley. I received their most recent catalog in the mail last weekend and it brought a smile to my face. I’m currently toting around a lovely black microfiber Vera purse that my parents gave me for Christmas, yet I already have my eyes on their spring line.

Now, I’ve heard some of the younger ladies in blogger land call Vera Bradley “Grandma” purses. Well, I don’t think that’s fair. Granted, Vera features a quilted design that in the past may have, at one time, appealed to a more mature shopper. But, not anymore. Vera now features a variety of hip styles in great colors. And, one of my favorite things about the quilted bag is that its lightweight. I have to haul around a lot of stuff, so let’s not have the bag weigh 10 lbs. before I put anything in it!

Anyhoo, stop by Vera’s site for a glimpse of spring with her latest designs. The snow is falling mercilessly, so take a moment to daydream about warm places and cute accessories. ;)

P.S. – Don’t miss the markdowns currently available on Vera’s site. See that belt above? Was $26, it’s now $5! Can’t beat that!!
Images courtesy of Vera Bradley

8 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I love Vera bags but it's a shame their newest patterns are a bit blah :O( Hopefully their next set includes some bright pinks!

Jessica Ryan said...

To me their purses/bags are synonymous with summertime. I bought a really cute orange, pink and white back pack for Disney a few years ago. It since has been hijacked by my 11 year old!

I still have a navy diaper bag that gets used as a sleepover bag...

Ok seriously, I really think she has ALL my Vera bags!

Amanda Profumo said...

I love Vera... have since high school! I love the new prints and the new designs too! Now, just have to decide which one to ask for for my b-day in April!
I'm a fan of light, washable cute fabrics too, since 3 kids continue to get me messy!

Mise said...

The shape of that first bag is absolutely perfect. If it's Grandma, I'm a Grandma.

bevy said...

I think Vera is so cute, but I think I will stick with belts and smaller items. When lots of the 4th and 5th grade girls at our school are sporting the lunch totes and smaller bags, I'm not sure I'm there anymore... (see Entertaing Mom's comment) Do think they are precious though!!! Must check out that great belt!

LPC said...

The belts are great.

ALR said...

I dig the belt and you sure can't beat the price. I have not purchased a Vera bag in a really long time, but I still have the one's I bought some 10 years ago. I really like that I can toss them in the wash and fill all the pockets to the brim.

I am dreaming of Miami and that is what is keeping me from depression until this winter blast is over:)

teresa-bug said...

I love Vera Bradley and I am nowhere near a grandma {and even further from 4th grade!}