Monday, February 8, 2010

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

Mardi Gras is going to pale in comparison to what took place in New Orleans yesterday.

Cheers to the Saints for their first ever Super Bowl win! And while I was pulling for Peyton Manning and the Colts, I wasn't that disappointed that the Saints won. This was a long-time coming for the Saints and they deserved the honor this year. So, I raise a Hurricane glass to the mighty Saints and congratulate them on their Super Bowl win. I imagine this party will probably last at least until Feb. 16...
Photo courtesy of Garden & Gun - Talk of the South

8 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

I am so happy for the Saints and Louisiana/New Orleans... they so need and deserve this win! I love good underdog stories!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I was routing for the Saints. It was a victory for them and the city of New Orleans!

Congtats Saints!

Chic Coles said...

There are parades even before Marti Gras starts...tomorrow night is the Saints Parade...the city was alive last night!

Henley on the Horn said...

I love it! I think New Orleans needed this win!

Jo said...

You know who I was pulling for ;) I can't think of a better team to have won ~ everyone in Louisiana needed (and deserved) this victory.

Jo

bevy said...

I always pull for the underdog. And then when I learned more about Drew Brees and what an amazing role model he is, I was even more happy the Saints won!

Eloise said...

I was rooting for the Saints, though I couldn't resist cheering for Peyton Manning as well. I was glad it was such a good game - made for fun watching. Can't even imagine the party in New Orleans!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a WIN! WHO DAT!! XOXOXOOX