Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Twist on the Classic Shoe



There are types of shoes that have a timeless quality: weejuns/penny loafers, ballet flats, bucks, patent leather Mary Janes. And, for the more sporty variety, there are Converse All Stars, a.k.a., "Chuck Taylors."

My dad spied the latest rendition of the classic "Chucks" in a store window and had to get them for my daughter. Yes, those pink sparkly numbers above are Converse All Stars, and my little fashionista loves them. This child already has quite the fashion sense (can't imagine where she gets it), to the point one can envision her as a future contestant on Project Runway or a writer for Vogue. Yet, she tells me she wants to be a doctor and a teacher, so perhaps she'll be the best dressed member of the Harvard medical school faculty some day.

From what I've heard, Converse All Stars are the rage among young people in Europe right now (in basic black, if you please). There are a variety of fun colors and styles available these days, so stop by Converse to see the latest twist on a classic shoe.

12 comments:

Town and Country House said...

Just found your blog through Bevy's It's A Golden Day, and I love it! My daughter, who's 10, just picked out a pair of purple "Chuck's" for her newest school shoes. She told me they were very "style-y."

James said...

J, she is a living doll. You are very blessed in the child department. That pose brings back so many memories to a father of three daughters. Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

i love chucks. i have a pair of black ones that i wear all the time and last year ella had a pink pair and a red pair. i'll probably get her another pair for spring. those with the "bling" are cute!

myletterstoemily said...

very savvy little lady! adorable, too.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

she is adorable my friend...

i have a 4 year old neice...so MUCH FUN...

little girls are a DELIGHT!!!

loved this
too cute
kary
xxx

LPC said...

aDORable.

Jessica Ryan said...

Rebecca has a couple of "Chucks" -- we got them at the Gap. They look like the traditional but they slide on! Available in a multitude of colors! Your daughter is adorable!

Anastasia Schembri said...

How adorable is your daughter!?!? Love the "Chuck's"!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Aww, she is such a cutie!
Love the chucks. And indeed, they came back to Europe about three years ago. I love mine in Navy Blue, a sunny yellow or in grey. No black here, I am afraid :)

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Those are adorable! My little one loves anything pink and sparkly. They would be a big hit.

By the way, I left something for you over at my blog today!

Henley on the Horn said...

NOw THAT is adorable!!! I am going to have to look for some:)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

too cute!