Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where Will You be in 10 Years?


I’ve been honored by the adorable Short Southern Mama with the “You’re Going Places, Baby!” award. According to the description, “This award means you're really going places, Baby. You'll still be blogging about your great adventures 10 years from now, and I'll still be reading them. " So, where would I like to see myself in 10 years?

Let’s see…in 10 years I will be 46. I will have been married for 20 years. My daughter will be turning 15 and our son will be about to turn 13. Gulp. Hopefully I won’t have gone completely gray by that point (Wait, that’s never going to happen because I’m going to highlight/color my hair until the day I die!). I hope that by then, I am a published author and either making a living at it, or self-employed in some capacity; something that challenges me and brings out my creative side as much as possible. I hope my husband is enjoying a fruitful career that showcases his immense talent. Are we in business together? Maybe. Who knows! I hope our children are safe, happy and healthy; thriving in school and enjoying a variety of extracurricular activities.

Okay, and I’ll get a little superficial here…yes, I would like to be living in our dream house, whether it’s our current home renovated and decorated as we’ve always dreamed, or a different home closer to where the kids will be in school. But, this is secondary to good healthy and happiness.

Rather than pass this along to 10 particular bloggers, I present the “You’re Going Places, Baby” award to all of my lovely blogger friends! Please leave a comment about where you would like to see yourself in 10 years. Can’t wait to read your responses!

8 comments:

teresa-bug said...

Yikes! In 10 years I will be 50! Wow! At that point I would either like to be married, or at least have my significant other. I am fine with a Jackie O./Maurice Tempelsman relationship too.

Mise said...

My children are the very same ages as yours, but I don't dare look ahead 10 years. Since they were born time has sped up ever so much. I hope you get everything you aspire to!

QueenBeeSwain said...

I love it and cannot wait to see where the next 10 years take you :)

xoox

kHm

Chic Coles said...

Hi what fun. I would love to see all the girls and myself with a really fun store and design studio. Good luck luck with all of your dreams.

Natasha in Oz said...

In 10 years my daughter will be 23, my son will be 20 and hubby and I will be rich because we won't be paying for school tuition fees! Yippee!

How is the kitchen renovation going? You must be so excited!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

ALR said...

Really, 10 years is not that long. I hope that my husband and I are living happily in our home that we just built. I will be 10 years closer to retiring (probably botoxed)and hopefully healthy.

bevy said...

AAAACCCKK! I will be 50 and my husband will be 52 with an almost 21 year-old and an 18-year-old. But I will NOT HAVE ANY GRAY HAIRS - EVER...

Metropolitan Mum said...

In 10 years... little L will be almost 11. Maybe she is going to have a sibling, maybe not. We are still not sure about having another baby.
I'll have hopefully finished the children's book I am working on by then. I am sure I will.
For my husband, I hope that he'll be able to work a little less to have more time to himself and to spend with us.
Geographically, I guess we'll be staying in England. And if we are lucky, we are going to spend a good chunk of the year in France.