Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day


We’re heading into a weekend full of heart-shaped candy, flowers, romantic music and lots of pink and red. Are you ready?

Our kids were loaded down with cards and party supplies as we made our way into pre-school this morning. Miss E. was quite excited, especially since I let her wear her ruby slippers from her Halloween costume to complete today's ensemble. She is quite the Valentine today. And, my two-year-old son told me I’m “boot-i-ful," which started my day off on a happy note. So, dear readers, what do you have on tap for Valentine’s Day?

I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend. We have a black tie event to attend next Saturday, so not making any big plans for Valentine’s Day. More snow in the forecast for Sunday night, though, so not too thrilled about that. Old Man Winter, you and I need to have a serious discussion. You’ve made your presence known, we get it. But you have worn out your welcome. Time to move along now and make room for your buddy, Spring. Seriously, you need to go now.
Image courtesy of Martha Stewart Living

P.S. - Anyone else have issues with their Blogger feeds? Some images are appearing and some aren't. It's driving me crazy.

13 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Have an awesome weekend!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Hope you have a nice low key weekend.

I hear you about winter. It is time for it to be over!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Happy Valentines weekend, to you,my friend

and tell mr. winter..see ya later, ...


:-)
kary
xxx

sara said...

I love that she is wearing her little red ruby slippers to daycare, and how cute is your son?! I can't believe they are calling for MORE snow on Sunday night - this winter has been terrible.

CRICKET said...

I just ordered some t-shirts to speed up this transition...My kids just ate all the crap, I mean candy from the party today. I am drinking coffee to keep up!

Summer is a Verb said...

I just finished making the infamous Momofuku's compost cookies for Valentines. Best cookie dough ever...XXOO

red ticking said...

have a delightful valentine's weekend... i am almost at the finish line... just a couple more things to wrap up... xx pam

Tish Jett said...

Happy, happy Valentine's Day, dear heart.

Love the ruby slippers.

xoxo,Tish

Ellen M. Hill said...

Oh I just love that image of candy hearts! Excited to be following your blog!

bevy said...

The kiddos are gone for the weekend.. ;)

Happy V Day!

Jo said...

Have a wonderful weekend ~ enjoy your Valentine.

Jo

myletterstoemily said...

i just love your blog!

how sweet is the "boo-ti-ful" comment?

my blog feed doesn't work at all. it has stalled
out on a november post.

so frustrating.

Anastasia Schembri said...

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!