Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me + Lilly Pulitzer + Fundraiser = Bad News for Bank Account





This evening, I'm attending an after-hours shopping/fundraising event at our local Lilly Pulitzer retailer, The Peppermint Palm. How much more dangerous could this get? Me surrounded by LP merchandise, offered at a discount (only 15 percent, but still!), with a portion of the proceeds benefitting Junior League? I need to be strong and not go hog wild in there, but when it's Lilly, it's hard not to!

My daughter's birthday is next week, so I'm hoping I can find a little something for her, as well as for Mommy. All within reason, of course. Who am I kidding? All reason goes out the window when shopping for Lilly! The gorgeous prints, cute dresses, darling shoes - it's madness, I tell you! Madness!

Okay, I got that out of my system. I promise, I will show some decorum at this evening's event and shop appropriately. ;)

What are you favorite Lilly looks this season? Any outfit in particular that you're mad about? A must-have shift, cardigan or skirt? Do tell!
Images courtesy of www.lillypulitzer.com

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun this evening! I love Lilly dresses. The skirts don't do it for me, but the dresses and tops always make me feel super feminine and happy.

sara said...

Good luck tonight! I don't know if I would be so strong when faced with a bunch of Lilly with a discounted price!

James said...

Good hunting, dear lady.

Mise said...

Oh lovely! Make sure you buy buy buy. Finding nice things takes more time than making the money to pay for them.

Laura said...

I SO feel your pain and totally understand! Maybe I can cheer up your day with...Come stop by today as you are one of my favorite comments posts...

Chic Coles said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the dress and the cute clutch!

Queen "B" said...

Aloha, sounds like you are geared up for a great evening, love the post and pic's, sending warm sunshine and hugs from Hawaii
Brandi

Anastasia Schembri said...

I am very envious, I don't know if I would be able to show that much restraint!:)
I have a little favor to ask of you, please email me if you have a moment!

bevy said...

Have fun! Remember it's for a good cause! LOL

ALR said...

I don't know if you saw my post about TJMaxx carrying Lilly Pulitzer, but I am going to keep my eyes peeled. I was thrilled to see some dresses there. Have a great weekend! You totally deserve a new outfit!

~Grace Happens~ said...

lily is my FAVE! I have a closet full of her stuff, some that don't even fit me from back in high school haha! i just can't give it up though:) thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment:) have a wonderful weekend!