Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Letter of the Day: L


I’m on the mend, but still not feeling great. Of course, my head cold coincides with Hubby’s business trip. My mom came over to help last night and then my MIL is helping tonight so I can catch a Junior League committee meeting after work. Thank God our families live close by.

In the middle of all this madness, I forgot that today is show-and-tell in Miss E.’s class. And, to top it off, you have to bring an item that begins with the letter of the week, which is “L.” So, we’re in her classroom this morning, I’m looking around and decide that my son (pictured above), whose first name begins with “L” will be the subject of show-and-tell today. Problem solved, crisis averted.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon! Isn't it strange how illnesses creep up on you just as your other half is going out of town?

Glad to hear your show & tell crisis was averted!

Jo said...

How lucky to have your family so near you. Hope you're feeling much better soon.

I can't think of a better "L" to share with the class!

Jo

James said...

As an expert on handsome young man with a great sense of style,I can say without fear on contradiction WHAT A CUTIE!

pve design said...

L is for Lucky that you are on the mend and with the help of family nearby you can venture out.
Feel better and your little L looks like a love!
pve

Emily said...

That is the most adorable smile ever! You must be so proud:) x LZ

Queen "B" said...

Aloha,
good to hear you are on the mend...
Aloha well wishes from across the sea
Brandi

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

He is adorable...

thanks for stopping by Farmhouse and YES! your name is in the bucket.....

I will post my 12 favorite blogs next week..is that how I do it? Is that right? I am not really sure. HELP :-{

feel better soon

Kary
xxx

Anastasia Schembri said...

Now that's using the noggin, mommy! 'L' is as cute as a button, hope you are feeling better soon!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Glad you are feeling better! Good thinking with the L. I probably would have dug a lipstick out of my bag and said here is your L. :)

ALR said...

I too had the "bug" and it was hard to get rid of. It is trying to come back, but I have been pre-medicating to avoid the YUCK again.

Get well soon!
Amy R.

Elizabeth said...

he's a cutie! glad to hear you are feeling better!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Hope you're on the mend. I bet he was the cutest show 'n tell of the day!!!