Monday, February 15, 2010

I 'Heart' My Hubby



My hubby is such a great guy - he bestowed me with the best Valentine's Day gifts ever: caffeine and accessories!

Actually, he and the kids gave me a new coffee maker, because ours was on its last leg. It's the kind that where you can set the timer to grind the coffee and brew it each morning. Be still this coffee lover's heart! And, he got me the new Vera Bradley "Alice" purse in the Poppy in the Fields pattern. Love it! Now, I can't wait for spring to arrive so I can sport my new bag. I have Hubby a hoof pick belt made in central Kentucky horse country (check out Summer is a Verb's postings on this) and the kids gave him a mug.

We went out Saturday night for a nice dinner and a little browsing at a local music store, a tradition for us whenever we're in this particular neighborhood. Actually, we did more than browsing, as I came away with Martha Wainwright and Vampire Weekend CDs and Hubby loaded up on blues music. We then came home to watch UK beat Tennessee. Woo hoo!

It's snowing AGAIN and the roads were horrible coming into work. I would have tried to telecommute, but we have this amazing communications guru conducting training with our work group today. I'm so looking forward to this. He flew in from Chicago last night, so here's hoping he'll be able to fly out this evening.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's weekend. Stay warm!
Images courtesy of Bed, Bath & Beyond and Vera Bradley

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I have left you a little something over at my place if you get a little time. Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Jo said...

What a lovely Valentine's with your love. Sounds like you had a great time together.

We have same coffee maker ~ so love it!

Jo

James said...

You make a most handsome couple! I like how you seem to be so in tune to each other. Hope the snow does not ruin your day.

Emily said...

Thats so great that he got you the vera bag!!! You were talking about how much you loved it...and the v-day sounded lovely. You make an adorable couple:) xxx

Metropolitan Mum said...

You are such a lovely couple! Happy to hear that Valentine's day was a success. xx MM

PS: Word verification 'grate'. Isn't that great??!!

Meals by Misty said...

That is the coffee pot I want. Ours is junk! I'm glad you had a wonderful heart weekend!

ALR said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie. I am also glad you received the Vera, I know you had admired the collection from a previous post. Do you have a picture of the gift you gave your husband? I don't think I know what that is. Try to stay warm!

bevy said...

You two are just about the cutest and happiest couple I've ever seen! My husband and I need to be y'all's friends in "real life"!

kristy said...

what a great photo! and it sure sounds like you all had a great valetine's day! you received such fun and thoughtful presents!

sara said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentine's weekend!

Pug1 said...

great looking couple! Don't you just love a fresh cup of coffee???
We went to our Indian friends restaraunt, come by my blog you can see the new outfit our friends wife sent me from India! CHEERS! Michele

Amanda Profumo said...

Aww... how nice! Love your gifts! I'm drooling...

Mise said...

That's the very purse I admired so much. Good for him!

Southern Aspirations said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day! And I love that you picked up the belt! I'd been eying it since reading about it on SiaV's blog!

Anastasia Schembri said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, you two look so cute together!

LPC said...

And you are so pretty to boot. How fun.