Monday, November 1, 2010

Break Out the Autumn and Winter Hats for Breeders' Cup



This coming weekend, Nov. 5 and 6, the Breeders' Cup returns to Louisville. So, the who’s who of the horse world will again descend upon our fair city. I have a chance to go to the preview races on Friday, but I’ll have to see how my schedule shakes out.

With the cooler weather, Breeders Cup offers a different take on the fabulous finery at Churchill Downs. Instead of straw hats and Lilly Pulitzer-inspired colors, the fall meet features wool cloches, leather boots and more earth tones, yet some vibrant colors still manage to get thrown in the mix. These hats from Susan Van der Linde are simply gorgeous.
Très expensive, but gorgeous nontheless.

The Breeders Cup only makes it to Churchill every few years, so when there’s a chance to wear a great hat in November, be sure to jump at the chance.
Images courtesy of taigon.com





14 comments:

LPC said...

If you find you have time, I for one look forward to your chapeau(x)!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I will take 2,3 and 5 please! Love, love hats!
Have a great week.
Teresa

kayce hughes said...

Have fun if you go!

Tessa said...

The 2nd and last hat are calling my name...I needed to mute my computer. :) Love a good excuse to wear a fabulous hat! Hope you had a fabulous time with your kiddos last night!

Tessa

Kalee said...

Oh how utterly fabulous! Wishing that I was going to be in town for this big event!

Henley on the Horn said...

I LOVE hats. I feel like my fashionable whenever I wear one!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Oh, I had fun at the Breeder's Cup when it was here in TX 5-6 years ago. Have so much fun if you go! And wear a fabulous hat. I will say, we didn't wear hats...not the same kind of spirit here, sadly.

Beth Dunn said...

Have fun and love the hats
xoxo
SC

Main Line Sportsman said...

Have fun and bet some long shots...I will bet the turf and classic remotely via phone bet as I will be at a Tailgate watching the Penna. Hunt Cup Steeplechase on Sunday. Post pictures of whatever hat you end up wearing!
Good Luck!

Town and Country House said...

I've had my eye on a brown wool cloche with a rosette on the temple. I was afraid it was a little too "Olivia Walton," but your post has changed my mind!

bevy said...

Can not wait to see yours! Have never been much of a hat lady in the fall... But now, I may have to change that!

ALR said...

The first hat is crazy and funky!

Amy R.

Anonymous said...

I love these hats!!!

sld said...

have fun! my friend has a horse in the breeders cup...wish i was going!!