Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving is Over; the Christmas Season Begins

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, full of food, fun and family. We ate until we about popped. Good times, for sure.

Hubby made some delicious turkey and stuffing and I baked some tasty biscuits. My parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law brought even more food and we dined like kings.

Before our Thanksgiving holiday weekend ended, I was determined to get a photo of the kids to use on this year's Christmas cards. The weather was nice on Sunday, so we headed outside to get some shots. The "photo session" started out pretty good...



With the kids being sweet together...


But then they started getting antsy, having had enough of Mommy and Daddy constantly saying "Cheese!"

 

It then devolved into a wrestling match...


And that was the moment when we decided to call "Cut!" and head inside. Luckily, we did get some decent shots, and one in particular we plan to use for the Christmas card.

A little later, while Hubby and I were viewing the selection on the computer, the kids came into the office, having yet again used each other as a canvas for their creative coloring. They looked like scary clowns (is that redundant?), so I had to scrub their faces yet again. Ugh. 

Now we're onto Cyber Monday to search for some great online deals. The holiday shopping season is officially here - best of luck to one and all!

17 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Tip my hat to your Husband for doing the turkey on the grill!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Cute kidlets!
I have never been brave enough to try turkey on the BBQ...it would certainly make the limited oven space go further :)
Happy shopping...

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Is it inappropriate for me to say that your husband is so cute?

JMW said...

As an addendum to my post, we actually started the turkey breasts in the crock pot at 6 a.m. and then transferred them to grill to make them golden brown and more flavorful.

And, Tiffany, yes, you may say my hubby is cute. I certainly think so!

James said...

The one of them sitting under the tree screams Christmas card. And like MLS I admire a man who gets beer and grilling on turkey day.

myletterstoemily said...

i love your crock pot idea! my crock cracked
but would certainly replace it for that!

darling photos, and i concur with tiffany.
:)

merry Christmas.

Karen Roderick said...

Hey, what fantastic photos, and I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Oh yes, Christmas all the way now, and I'm ashamed to say we've already put our tree up (for the kids of course!), although we're not the only ones in the street!! x

Ashlyn Stallings said...

oh my goodness--they're precious :) Christmas card shoots are just the best, huh?

happy shopping!

Tessa said...

not sure those 2 could get any more darling!!! I love the ones of them giggling and wrestling. So sweet that they are buddies.

LPC said...

They seem to like eachother even when they're wrestling:).

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Jen,
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. The pictures are adorable. The second one is priceless.
Have a great day.
Teresa

Henley on the Horn said...

Your children are precious!

paula said...

I rather like wrestling one :) so cute.

bevy said...

Christmas card picture outtakes are THE BEST!!!

A Refocused Life said...

I love Thanksgiving, but I am ready to deck the halls.

I had the same idea - a Christmas card picture of my grand daughters. After an hour of attempting to get three little girls and a puppy to 'pose' - all done around an open fire, with sharp skewers and sticky marshmallows - we gave up and hoped for one good picture from the one hundred I took. But we all enjoyed the roasted marshmallows.

Anonymous said...

your kids CRACK me up! Love little man's pants!!!

brayne said...

[16:48, 6/15/2020] 💯: acid tabs
buy dmt
buy dmt online
buy lsd
buy lsd online
buy acid tab
buy lsd acid
buy changa dmt online
Ayahuasca
buy Penis envy
Penis envy mushrooms
Golden teacher mushrooms
lsd blotter
buy liberty cap mushrooms
lsd powder
buy lsd liquid
what is dmt
what is lsd
buy albino penis envy
what is penis envy
buy liquid lsd online
buy dmt online
4-aco-dmt
changa dmt
penis envy mushrooms
lsd for sale
dmt trip
magic mushrooms
liquid lsd
buy 5 meo dmt
dmt vape pen