Friday, November 12, 2010

A Note to Kate Spade


Dear Kate Spade,

Now that you and Andy have sold your company and are moving on to new ventures, might I suggest dipping your toe back into the fashion world, but perhaps designing a more affordable option? What, may you ask? How about creating a line for Target?


Now, don’t laugh. Here’s the deal, Kate (may I call you Kate?) – your clothes and handbags are divine. They have charm, style and a classic look. But, the prices are a bit extreme, even on sale. So, I know you’re up for the challenge to create super-cute clothes with your signature look, yet at great discount prices. Hey, if it worked for Isaac Mizrahi, Michael Graves and Liberty of London, you certainly can do it, and put them to shame in the process.

So, come on, Kate. Give it shot. You’re from a modest upbringing in the Midwest – I know that you can relate to the American gals who have a great sense of style and good taste, but who are living on tight budgets during this economy. We’ll support you in your efforts to design the next superstar line for Tar-jay. We promise.

Kind regards,
Jen

As a sidenote, I do actually own a kate spade handbag, which I adore, but which has endured a few bumps and scrapes along the way. While my handbag was fresh from the NYC store when it was purchased six years ago, I’m much more frugal these days (is that my husband laughing in the background?). I’m not above perusing ebay to find a good kate spade frock or two. And, if anyone can recommend other places to find discount kate spade, please let me know (or feel free to tell me I’m dreaming.)
Images courtesy of kate spade facebook page and thefamilygroove.com 

24 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

love it !!!!

come on kate...give it a shot...for all of us.

Town and Country House said...

Jen, you are brilliant, and I hope you forward this (and the dozens of comments you are bound to get) to Kate or her people!

Danielle said...

Well said! I'd definitely support her at Target. Heck, I'd support just about anyone at Target!

Main Line Sportsman said...

You go Girl !!
Can you send a similar letter to Orvis and Filson on behalf of your husband and myself....

Anonymous said...

100% agree! Can you add Michael Kors to that letter as well, LOL.

Tessa said...

you made me laugh! :) I'm with you though! thanks for your kind words & prayers this week!
Tessa

Michelle said...

*sigh* I adore Kate Spade and have perused the likes of ebay in search of her discounted good. I will love to see her design some things for Target!

myletterstoemily said...

here! here! i hope she sees this!

if anyone could persuade her, you
could.

highheeledlife said...

I so agree!! Great post!!! HHL

Anastasia Schembri said...

Love this post, so much so I will have to post this on Twitter! I will keep my fingers crossed that Kate and her people are tweeters!

Unknown said...

I shop a lot at the kate spade outlet. I can get clothes and jewelry for 75% off!

preppyinnewengland said...

How right you are!

Beautiful Bags, great design and style!

Overpriced!

bevy said...

You are brilliant and know that through the internet, Kate will read about you and your fabulous marketing strategy for her! I see huge success in your future - with her!

Unknown said...

Good morning from Tokyo!

Wouldn't it be lovely if both kate and Andy decided to take their ventures down more affordable avenues? I'd fly back to America for that sale alone!

Have a lovely weekend...

Warmly,

Eliazbeth

CRICKET said...

what a great post! i am not a big target consumer because i am frugal but i would buy me some kate spade there.

Elizabeth said...

i love kate spade too! i didn't realize she had sold her company. that'd be awesome if she had a line with target!

kayce hughes said...

Great idea! I hope she is reading.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Great idea! Hopefully she will hear you.
Have a great Sunday.
Teresa

Donna said...

Ooooohhhh....I just LOVE her things too!! Great letter!! And gee, as long as you are adding designer to the letter...how about Ralph Lauren?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your idea! Kate Spade for Target! I would buy 2 of everything!!!!

Under this Umbrella said...

I think this is the PERFECT IDEA...the best idea I have heard in years! Your letter is so perfectly written that she is sure to say yes!! I will gladly and steadfastly support you and this new mission. This should be your soapbox and platform...you are sure to be elected for public office. Let me know what I can do to help!!! :)

Kirsty Girl said...

Ha yes!

Jo said...

Count me in ~ I'll sign the petition!

Jo

Haven and Home said...

I couldn't agree more!