Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Well, it’s been quite a year for our family and we have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. The most significant one being my mom’s continued recovery from the illness and subsequent strokes that inflicted her in the late spring; and for my dad’s strength to shepherd her through this ordeal.

 
Miss E. and my mom during Miss E.'s second birthday party.

My son as a baby with my dad, aka Grandpa.

I am thankful for this man, my wonderful husband, who donned a UK sweatshirt at a football game, even though he wasn't a big fan. He's coming around,  though.

My beautiful kids - I am so blessed to have them.
I’m thankful for my loving husband, my amazing kids and the life that we have together. I’m thankful for my kids’ wonderful schools and the guidance that their talented teachers and caregivers provide to them. I’m thankful that my brother and wife are expecting a baby in March and all has gone well with her pregnancy. I’m thankful for our lovely new home and all of the friends and family we have welcomed to it.

I am also thankful that in this economy, I still have a good job, I like what I do and enjoy my coworkers. I’m thankful that I’m healthy and blessed with such a bountiful life.

I am also thankful for all of you wonderful readers and fellow bloggers who stop by each day, and leave such kinds comments. It’s because of you that I continue to write about everything and anything. Thanks for your support and know that I am also thankful to be part of such a great community of bloggers!

I hope you and your families have a safe, happy and healthy holiday. Enjoy the food, parades, football, Turkey Trots (for you runners) and everything this holiday has to offer. And for those of you planning to shop on Black Friday, my the Force be with you. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jen

P.S. - I also am thankful that this Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will not be flying anywhere, therefore I won't have to endure a full-body pat-down. Blech.
Image from Charles Schultz, via Google Images and JMW collection, not available for use elsewhere.


15 comments:

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen! Love seeing your kiddos. You write so eloquently...I always love to see what you have to say. Hope you have a great holiday with your precious family. xoxoxo

Danielle said...

What a great post! We do have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

I was glad to read that your husband is coming around on his team spirit! Go Cats!

Kerr said...

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Main Line Sportsman said...

A wonderful post as always...

Tote said...

Love your post today. The holidays really make you stop and think how really lucky we are. Your parents will be in our prayers, as we pray for everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and the homeless to have a good meal in a safe shelter.

LPC said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Your post is so clearly authentic. Thank you. Real thanks include an acknowledgment of the stuff that's hard.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Jen,
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
This is a lovely post. Thanks for sharing.
Teresa

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thanks for your thoughts of gratitude and warmth.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving... :)

Ella said...

I see that you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm trying to think like you do even if these days are just ordianary here. I kind of have Thanksgiving in my mind and think of all the things I am grateful for.

James said...

And we are thankful for knowing you. A wonderful day to you and your family.

From All Stitched Up said...

Happy Thanksgiving !

bevy said...

You DO have so much to be thankful for this year... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Well said.
BarbaraG

Anastasia Schembri said...

Hope you and your sweet family have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tessa said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your beautiful family! Many blessings to you my blogging friend! xo, Tessa