Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Favorite Fragrances

With the approach of the holidays, I always want for my house to have a great scent flowing throughout, especially when we entertain. One of my favorite candles is Archipelago’s Bergamot Tobacco Soy candle. Granted, it doesn’t sound like the best fragrance, but don’t be fooled by the name. It’s a gorgeous, deep woodsy smell.

It had been several months since I went through my last Bergamot Tobacco candle, so the day after Thanksgiving, I was on a mission. I went online and looked up stores in Louisville that carried the brand. Luckily, none were near the craziness of the malls. I grabbed my daughter and we headed out to find the candles. The first store we went to, Blink, was completely out of the brand, so Miss E. and looked at the shiny jewelry and fun outfits, but left soon after because my budget could only handle the candle, not the $250 jeans. We then drove even further into town to a great shop, Clay & Cotton. The sales lady pointed me in the direction of the candles and sure enough, they not only carried Archipelago, but the exact scent I wanted. I paid for my candle and we were out of there. Best shopping experience yet this holiday season!

Another candle that I would like to get my hands on is Lemongrass Verbana by Trapp Fragrances. A couple of weeks ago, I attended a Junior League get-together at a member’s home and the hostess had this candle burning in the powder room. Loved it and have to have it!

So, dear readers, what candle fragrances can you not live without? What’s your favorite for this time of year or other times of year? Please share!
Images from Archipelago and Trapp

12 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

i so love scented candles that my husband
is constantly afraid i will burn our house
down . . . silly old thing.

there are some lovely archipelago candles
waiting in the wings to be given as a gift
or lit up for my pleasure.

thank you for the excellent review.

merry Christmas,
lea

James said...

Our local candle shop sells a butterscotch that I really like.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I use both of these, and I am never be without the votive Trapp candles. I will try these fragrances in both.
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa

teresa-bug said...

I love the smell of Bergamot...it is in my perfume. I will have to check out this candle. I like lemon, apple or spice scents. I don't like sweet or flowery scents.

Glitterista said...

I love pine scented candles during the holiday season. Ralph Lauren's holiday candle is my all-time favorite! :)

Kerr said...

world market has some nice smelling candles and they are affordable too!

ALR said...

My absolute favorite candle is Seda in Japanese Quince. I sometimes give this candle in a gift basket.

Amy R.

LPC said...

I'm kind of boring and just go for Williams Sonoma pine-ish candles but that Bergamot and Tobacco sounds amazing. Somewhere it must be online, right?

A Refocused Life said...

I love the scent of a wonderful candle, but I have found that I have to 'kiss a lot of frogs' to find one I really love.

bevy said...

Right now it's "Frazier Fir" by Thymes... Crabtree also makes a new one called "Iris". Pure heaven...

So glad you had such a good shopping day!

Tessa said...

those sound so good. I must branch out more because I've had the Potterybarn honeysuckle candles year round for the last several years. Not the most wintery scent but I'm a bit addicted.

JMW said...

LPC, yes, they are available online via the Archipelogo site, as well as other sites. (I believe you can even get them through Amazon.) :)