Monday, November 15, 2010

Let the Shopping Begin!

Friday evening I attended a preview party at my daughter’s school for their annual holiday market and art show, which was held throughout the weekend. They had great items for sale and, much to Hubby’s dismay, I did purchase a few things (Hey, it supports the education of our child!).

The evening started with a get-together at the home of one of the moms across the street from school. She served some great hors d’oeuvres and drinks, including something called the “Blond Bombshell.” It has grapefruit juice, vodka, among other ingredients. I had just one glass because I could imagine after two, you would be feeling NO pain.

We then walked over to the holiday boutique and had such a great time. I’m so impressed that our school’s PTO puts on this great event. Alas, we didn’t win the prize drawing for which our daughter sold raffle tickets (i.e., Mom and Dad bought them), but oh, well.

While at the show, one of the reps for Willow House had a display. Heard of this line? Apparently, it’s a result of Southern Living at Home parting ways with another manufacturer (not sure of the entire story), which resulted in a new venture, Willow House. My neighbor recently hosted an in-house party, which I couldn’t make, but that’s probably good for my pocket book. During the holiday market, the rep, Caroline, was selling these great decorative buckets that can be used for wine or cold drinks at a party, floral or seasonal displays, etc.


I wish I purchased one because it was $25 cash and carry at the show, regularly $39.95 if your order it through Willow House. Argh. Oh, well.

Saturday was then a girls’ day with my mom and my daughter, shopping for holiday clothes and then lunch. I am so thrilled with my mom’s progress. She drove over to our house! I then drove us to the shopping center and she managed to use her walker to make it around to a couple of stores. We are so blessed to have her making such strides. My mom is a strong and determined lady, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

The weekend closed on Sunday with church, laundry and more laundry. I managed a trip to the grocery where my kids did not behave AT ALL. It’s moments like that that drive mommies to drink, kids. Just remember that. ;)

So, now we’re at the beginning of a new week. Starbucks was having major problems with their computer system this morning, resulting in a long line and a complimentary coffee for me. Great start to my Monday!
Images courtesy of Willow House and A Mommy in Red High Heels

15 comments:

James said...

Don't forget to take a breath every so often!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Sounds familiar! I look back and wonder how I did it, but it is all for the children, which makes it fun.
Have a nice week.
Teresa

Ella said...

These years with children in school and activities takes a lot of time and energy but it also gives so much, not only laundry....

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

I love the first image!!!

preppyinnewengland said...

Yes, I recently heard of Willow House. They have sme really cute home decor. Great prices.

Kerr said...

so glad to hear your mom is doing well!

Mise said...

Laundry, laundry, we mothers always pray to Our Lady of Perpetual Laundry. Your school events sound streets ahead of ours.

Michelle said...

Free Starbucks, now I am jealous!

highheeledlife said...

I'm so happy to read your mother is getting around! Great news!!! Small steps ... YEAH!!

Free Starbucks .. that is awesome way to start the day!! HHL

ALR said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. Hopefully you marked a few gifts off your Christmas list. Happy Monday!

Amy R.

Town and Country House said...

Sounds like a fun weekend (except for the laundry part, that is!). So glad your mom is doing so well--what a blessing for your whole family!

J said...

Your school sounds fun! And there is no better excuse for shopping than it's that time of the year to rush for gifts (or something else).

Jo said...

What a weekend! Very clever school ideas.
I have the feautured item and use it almost every time we entertain ~ worth every cent.
So happy to hear about your mother!

Enjoy your week ~
Jo

bevy said...

I'm with Twist... Love the cute shopping image!

Metropolitan Mum said...

I could have done with a little bit of that bombshell last weekend...